2019 Secondary Schools 3x3 Champs
2018 SECONDARY SCHOOLS 3X3 CHAMPS FINALS STREAM
ONLINE DRAW AND RESULTS HERE
2019 Secondary Schools 3x3 Champs
Tournament Dates: Wednesday - Friday, March 27 - 29, 2019
All Registrations Close: Wednesday, February 27
Draw to be Completed: Wednesday, March 20
Host City: Tauranga
Host Association: Tauranga City Basketball Association
Venue: ASB Arena
Team Entry Registration Fee
- $300.00 + GST
1. Online Registration
2. Roster Sign Off
The School Principal must ‘attest that all students listed are bona-fide full time students at this school and their details as provided are true and correct as on MoE ENROL and on our official school records’. This needs to be signed by principle and scanned/faxed back to BBNZ.
2018 Final Team Placing.pdf
Seedings and Pools
Draw & Competition Information
Health & Safety
2018 3x3 Champs Event Health and Safety Plan (as at 15 Feb 18).pdf
ASB Arena Emergency Procedure.pdf
ASB Arena Risk Register.pdf
2018 Secondary School 3X3 Champs Rules of the Game (as at 9 Nov 17).pdf
The 3X3 Champs is offering 4 competitions to Secondary Schools:
1. 2018 Junior Boys 3x3 Champs (year 9 and 10 only) - 2019 A & B Grades TBC
2. 2018 Junior Girls 3x3 Champs (year 9 and 10 only) - 2019 A & B Grades TBC
3. 2018 Senior Boys 3x3 Champs (Be under 19 years of age at the first of January in the year of the competition)
4. 2018 Senior Girls 3x3 Champs (Be under 19 years of age at the first of January in the year of the competition)
NZSSSC Regulations for 3x3 Basketball
• Introduced NTS quota for 3x3 basketball in 2016. The NZSSSC board agreed to add 3x3 basketball to the list of NZSSSC quota sports. To be consistent with other 3 sided sports in the NZSSSC NTS Quota list the quota was set at 2 (to be reviewed in the next cycle for 2019).
o 3x3 basketball will have an NZSSSC New To School quota - max 2.
Primary Caregiver Relocation Exemption (PCRE)
• PCREs were introduced to allow students that relocated with their primary caregiver and could not have reasonably been expected to remain at their previous school to be exempted from the New to School (NTS) quota for teams.
o A MAXIMUM of 2 PCRE’s issued in any calendar year may be included in any team that has a NZSSSC NTS quota. (includes 3x3 and Premierships/Nationals)
Key Points when entering a team
• No mixed teams.
• A team consists of one coach, one referee and a minimum of three and a maximum of five players with only players on the team bench (teams are not required to have 5 players)
• A team may play between 1-5 games a day.
• Games will be schedule between 9am and 4pm every day. Please be prepared to play at any time during this period (game times subject to change).
• Teams will be expected to scorebench, minimum 3 people and adult supervision.
BBNZ has reduced the number of skill challenges and will offer the following;
• Dunk comp
• Shoot out
Secondary School 3X3 Champs Skills Challenge (as at 9 Nov 17).pdf
Tournament Team Entry
Each School MUST provide a referee for each team (ie 2 teams, 2 referees etc). A referee clinic will be held at the tournament to up-skill referees with the rules of 3x3. The referee’s full details must be provided when registering your team, please note you must provide this information upon registering otherwise your team will be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the School to ensure:
• referee details have been submitted to BBNZ before the due date;
• the referee knows they have been put forward to referee;
• any referee expenses incurred (ie accommodation, travel, food etc) must be coved by the School; and
• if a referee is not supplied, your team will not be entered into the tournament.
If you have any questions on referees please contact Melony Wealleans
If you or your nominated referee are unsure of any rules please find the 3x3 Rules of the Game video HERE (please note there are some slight changes in the 3x3 Champs rules)
FIBA 3x3 Planet
As a player, by joining the FIBA 3x3 Planet, you’ll be able to compare your skills with your friends, and even with pros on the international circuit. The more events you play, the more ranking points you’ll get. You may even catch the eye of national selectors as they look to identify talent for New Zealand Representative 3x3.
Mouthguards are compulsory for all players.